Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pheasant Hunt Success

Before Josh got married, had 3 kids, owned 2 dogs, and owned his own business, he had hobbies that he could do every weekend if he so pleased. Now he if wants to spend some time doing a "hobby" he has to schedule it in somewhere.
So Wednesday Josh headed out to test Rocco's skills as a bird dog. He may not have admitted it, but he was excited to test Rocco out and I know that if Rocco didn't preform, Josh was gonna be ticked.
Despite the snowy conditions Rocco prevailed and Josh came back with a large grin. Rocco found numerous pheasants, waited for the "flush" command and even honor pointed. They killed 19 pheasants and now we have pheasant in our freezer.

Damon was excited about the pheasant. One nice cheezy smile, thanks. Luckily this time Damon kept the pheasant outside. Last time Josh brought pheasant home Damon was so excited that he ran inside, then upstairs to find me and I screamed because he was holding a dead bird in front of me.

1 comment:

jakenapril said...

Love it! I am still smiling from seeing Damon holding the pheasant and doing his "cheesy" smile. I can't get enough of him...although I'm sure you have, on occasion. Way to go, Josh...and Rocco!