Monday, May 11, 2009

Our 1st Flight

It's official..........Josh is a pilot.  
On April 16th he went in for his final check ride.  We expected it to be a couple hours for the exam and test flight.  When 4 hours had passed I started to wonder.  I was sure he was going to pass, I just didn't think it would take so long.  I finally got the call that he passed and then the explanation that the instructor had to take a few breaks and attend to other business inbetween the exam and the flight test, thus dragging the test.  So that was a sigh of relief that it wasn't Josh that needed the extra time.  Passing was a stress off of  Josh's shoulders (he had been stressing for a couple weeks and the test kept getting pushed back due to weather and the instructors availability.

Damon was pretty proud of dad and kept announcing that his dad, "has a official pilots license!"
 
On Saturday April 18th, I got to take my first flight with Josh.  The kids were happy to stay with Grandma & Grandpa for a couple hours while we flew to Tillamook.  
It wasn't a "just for fun" flight either.  Josh was hired to fly a guy and his Prom date over for their day of fun prior to Prom.  (I was pretty impressed.  I got proposed to in a helicopter and I thought that was big deal.  This high schooler was just taking his Prom date on a flight to the coast to ride quads and play before the Prom).  Some Prom date huh!  Anyway......the weather was perfect and the flight was quick and smooth.  I look forward to taking many more flights with my husband.....the pilot.

3 comments:

Kristin Rosling said...

Congrats Josh!! That is awesome.

Lauren said...

hell yes!!!! it's nice to see someone follow through with getting their pilot's license. yay Josh!!!

austin and cherisse said...

congrats thats awsome.