Friday, July 10, 2009

Pullin' a Fast One

So our big grown up Damon still wears a diaper to bed. This week Josh explained to Damon for about the sixtieth time about how important it us to get up and use the toilet at night time, when you wake up, or whenever you gotta go. Damon was very serious during this talk and it seemed to sink in. Thursday morning he came to our room proudly with a dry diaper. Josh was so proud and pleased with Damon. Friday morning he had another dry diaper. Josh was so surprised Damon pulled it off two days in a row. I was downstairs making breakfast and Josh announced to me the great news. I was happy for Damon, but had a suspicion that things weren't quite what they seemed. I told Josh to check the garbage can in the kids bathroom. He headed back upstairs and then I heard him call to Damon. Josh came back downstairs a few minutes later and I asked if he had discovered anything. Sure enough he asked Damon what was in the garbage can and the conversation went like this:
Josh - "Hey Damon, I need your help opening up this garbage can. Can you help me out?"
Damon - "Yeah sure dad!"
Josh - "What's this in here?"
Damon - "Oh dad, that's just garbage."
Josh - "Looks like a diaper."
Damon - "Yeah, that's my diaper."
Damon thinks this is his new found talent. He tries to be sneaky and thinks that lame old mom and dad won't catch on to his weasel ways. Unfortunately Damon is new to this game and mom and dad have him all figured it. It is funny to listen to him try and pull a fast one over us.

3 comments:

jakenapril said...

wow...sneaky damon. but obviously not sneaky enough. hopefully he masters the potty thing soon. it's so much easier, for everyone, but then again you already know that. good luck!

austin and cherisse said...

What I want to know is how you figured out he was putting them in the trash can?! I never would have picked up on that.

Lauren said...

This one gave me a good laugh. That kid cracks me up!
Miss you guys!!