Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Big Two Eight

Happy Birthday Josh!

This morning I got up as quietly as possible so I could get to the grocery store and buy the ingredients for Josh's birthday cake and return before all the kids woke up. I was succesful!

Damon was the first up and soon came downstairs to see what I was up to. I was in the process of scraping the filling out of chocolate sandwich cookies so I could crumble up the actual cookie for Josh's Birthday (Nutella Cheesecake) Cake. Damon told me he had to "test" the creme middles for breakfast. (We're healthy eaters)!

Soon the rest of the kids and Josh were downstairs for breakfast waffles. Josh headed out the door for work and I proceeded to scramble in order to get as much done as possible before he got back.

Damon helped by handing me pins so I could put up some birthday decorations. Olivia and Joel helped by unrolling all the roles of streamers and tried to eat them.

Aunt Brittani came over and watched the kids so Josh & I could go out kidless. We saw Quantum of Solace and got some dinner. Then it was back home for birthday cake and presents with the family.

I think Josh had a nice birthday, at least I hope he had a nice birthday. Since he doesn't do the Blog thing he can't contradict me and tell everyone how it all really went down.