Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Girl Stuff"

I really enjoy Saturday's. Josh is usually home and I get to pick some kind of project to work on, or at least start. So today Josh started making bed frames for Damon and Joel and I decided to wash my REALLY dirty car.

If I want to do anything outside, it means packing up all the kids in warm clothes, bringing out the phone in case someone calls, being armed with graham crackers and sippy cups in case some needs a snack, and then hoping that everyone stays content long enough so I can accomplish a simple task outside.

So Olivia hung out in the stroller, while Damon and Joel attempted to help me with the car. Joel used his scrub brush to wash the concrete, and Damon kept stealing my brush every time I rinsed off a section of the car. Eventually I told Damon that he wasn't helping when he would rescrub the area that I had just rinsed. He replied with, "Mom why don't you just go inside and do girl stuff (with an emphasis on the Girl Stuff) and I'll wash your car!" And of course that made me laugh. Eventually the car got washed. I realize now that I should have asked him what "girl stuff" is. I'm sure there will be a next time.

1 comment:

austin and cherisse said...

Hello Molly what are you thinking...of course you should be doing "girl stuff" its not like moms do anything else hello!