Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best Gift

Josh is a man of many talents. I started to think about all the things he has made and accomplished in the past months. "Count your blessings, name them one by one" and I am very blessed to have such a talented husband.
  • Excavated around our property so we can park next to the garage and could have a big backyard.
  • Moved large rocks numerous times because I didn't like where they were, and then moved them a few more times.
  • Built a fence to my Molly Standard (luckily we are a lot alike so our standards are similar).
  • Installed a whole lot of sod for the backyard.
  • Cut down numerous tree limbs because I wanted our upper yard to look more maintained/better.
  • Made Damon & Joel new beds.
  • Designed and decorated one jet cake for Damon.
  • Re-grouted our tile floors so they look pretty & clean again.
  • Did a whole lot of touch up paint around our house (We did such an awesomely bad job the first time because we just wanted to move in as soon as possible).
  • Added some chair rail moldings in the guest bathroom because I wanted something to class it up.
  • Installed decorative shelves so our home looks a little more lived in. (We've taken the slow train on this one, but we're working on it).
  • Now he's using his skills on Christmas presents.

As Christmas approaches and we think about all the "stuff" we "want" (not "need") just think about your family and all they do for you. This may sound silly/mushy, but I know my family loves me because all they do. Josh has done all those things to make me happy, and I know that because he usually asks, "Is this how you want it?" "Is this where you want the rock?" "How far do you want the fence to come from the house?" "Which way do you want these gates for the fence to open?" So the gifts are nice at Christmas time, but that's only 1 day out of the year. We can buy stuff, or we can treat each other with love and respect. I'll take love & respect.

1 comment:

austin and cherisse said...

You are one of the sweetest people I have met. Josh is a lucky boy! I agree 100%. I have to remind myself so many times to enjoy life more before it passes me by and be greateful!!!!