Friday, December 19, 2008

More Dog Bones

Ah.....Joel. Sometimes I think he wants to be like his four legged friends, Tank & Rocco. Joel loves the dogs. When the dogs wake in the morning and whine in the garage, that's Joel's alarm clock. Lately the dogs have been sleeping inside since it has been so cold. Now they don't whine when they wake, but the tags on their collars jingle and that is all it takes to wake Joel.

Joel will pull on the dogs tails, sit on Tank and bounce up & down like he's on a horse, sit with the dogs on the rugs by the door, and even enjoys getting in Rocco's kennel and laying in there like it's his little home.

His new favorite thing to do with the dogs is to feed them. Just the other day I was upstairs with Olivia and I could hear the dogs chewing up something. I was afraid it was another Christmas ornament and hurried downstairs. No Christmas ornamnets were being harmed (thank goodness).....instead Joel had the entire bag of dog bones out. Rocco was in his kennel and Joel was shoving dog bones thru the door as quickly as he could. There was a pile of bones and Rocco couldn't eat them fast enough. Tank had a pile of dog bones as well, but he must of had his share because he was no longer interested in what Joel was offereing. (While looking for some pictures on my camera, it appears that Damon was nice enough to document the dog bone episode. Prior to me showing up on the scene). I took the bag away from Joel as he protested in anger. I put the unchewed bones back in the bag (there were 10-15 bones) and took the bag back to the laundry room. Joel followed me and giggled in delight as he pulled two more bones and ran like a thief to get his loot to his comrades. Tank and Rocco are loved. If only I could get Joel to take them for walks and discard of all their poo in the backyard.

1 comment:

jakenapril said...

I am still laughing. That is hilarious...sneaky little Joel!
Yep, still laughing...
Can't wait to see you guys in a few days! :D