Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNOW

Every winter I wish for snow and this year I got it. Some hate it, but I like it. There's something about snow.........it's exciting and I don't really have an answer as to why. On regular days I don't wake up in the morning and think, "Yippee it's sunny!" or "Fantastico, it's raining!" But when there's snow outside my reaction is......."Ooooohhhhhh Goodie!" Funny how that is too, because I don't rush outside to play in the snow or have the time to sit and watch the flakes fall. I just like the winter wonderland that snow makes.

So we got some snow earlier in the week, but on Friday afternoon I finally went out with kids to play in it. I bundled up Olivia and we headed down to our cul-de-sac where the guys were working on a snowman. (I know......this girl needs a pink hat).
Damon was trying to throw snowballs at the dogs. Once he stopped that, then dad became his next target. Josh made a snowball and then wowed me with his sauve balancing skills. To keep Joel amused, we took some runs down the hill on the "Sled-Trike." We got some speed and he laughed during each and every ride so it must have been a good time. (Josh and Damon tried out this technique the night before in the dark. Those two guys tend to live a little more dangerously. They were starting at the TOP of the hill and riding ALL the way down, whereas Joel and I were only doing a half run. I think Josh admitted later on that he almost had a near fatal accident........luckily it was "almost."
So the snow is here........we'll see how long it stays!

1 comment:

jakenapril said...

yes, i am with you. granted here in utah i go out in it a lot, but i'd much rather be snuggled indoors just looking at the "wonderland." looks like everyone had fun...especially on the trike! nice.