Friday, April 3, 2009

"Going to the Jungle!"

It all started when dad pulled out the Costco muffins from the cupboard. Damon had already had a bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast, but once he saw those muffins, he just had to have one. I gave him half a muffin even though he argued and pouted that he had to have a whole muffin. I reiterated that he was only getting half a muffin and if he finished the half, he could have more. I gave Joel and Olivia half a muffin as well and then had to help Josh with something in the office. That minute I was in the office was all Damon needed. He grabbed the muffins, started eating a whole muffin, and even started the demolition of his half muffin by crumbling it into little tiny pieces.
When I came out of the office I was not happy because Damon deliberately disobeyed. I tried to make him eat all the muffin, but he complained that he was "too full," so I bagged up the remaining bits and pieces and told him that he would be eating it for lunch.

So lunch came and the muffin remainders were placed in front of Damon. Olivia and Joel got sandwiches and grapes for lunch and that did not seem fair to Damon. I kept explaining why he had muffin remains for lunch and why Olivia and Joel got a lunch. He did not like the truth and started getting really mad. I told him he wouldn't get anything else to eat or drink until he started to make some effort towards eating his muffin. He continued to get mad and finally he came up with a solution.

As he was getting down from his stool he said, "If you'll excuse me, I have to get started."
"Started with what?"
"I'm leaving our house and going to the jungle because you're ignoring me and making me sad & mad. I need my boots."
"What?! Damon I just want you to eat the muffin you took this morning. Remember, I gave you half a muffin and you decided to get a whole one."
"I have to leave into the jungle with no food & no drink. No coming back. When dad gets home, I'll yell.......I'm in the forest, lost. No food, no drink, and not coming back. Then dad's supposed to come find me with food & drink."
"What kind of food & drink?"
"One blue fruit leather (strawberry), marshmallows, and a drink. That should be it. And if he doesn't come. I'm never gonna come back...................Understand mom!"
"It looks like it's gonna rain though Damon."
"Yeah, I got a hood."
"Well, how long will you be in the jungle?"
"27 minutes."


Damon attempted to go through the front door (locked) and the patio door (locked) but I just kept talking to him about his "plan" and took his picture. With all the talking he forgot about the trek to the jungle. Meanwhile, Olivia & Joel took care of the remaining muffin.

2 comments:

Emily said...

He is so funny. I wish I could hang out with him (and you too).

jakenapril said...

Too funny. I'm still laughing at the second photo of his (I'm guessing "frustrated with all your questions")look. Oh, I love it when kids try to tell their parents what's what and how they have it so bad...'cuz they do {insert sarcasm}.